The new collection brings movement and flow to designer bridalwear, showcasing must-have pieces for any bride looking for luxurious understated elegance.
July 2015, London: Bridalwear label, Sabina Motasem, launches the new ‘En Pointe’ collection with styling and design inspiration taken from the world of ballet. The collection is available to view at the Islington-based studio with stunning ballerina imagery starring a real ballerina, Kate Byrne who dances with the Royal Opera House and the National Ballet all around the world.
Sabina Ali, the founder of Sabina Motasem, says, “I have taken inspiration from ballet for my latest collection of dresses. A ballerina, just like a bride, encapsulates elegance, grace and beauty through refined movement and flow. The dresses emphasize my brides’ gracefulness, as if floating weightlessly on air throughout her special day with the special man in her life.”
Each dress is handcrafted in London and made from the finest Italian silk crepes, chiffons and satins and French lace to achieve the highest quality finish. The dresses are timeless, flattering and wearable. The collection combines glamour and sophistication with elegantly modern lines to create a luxuriously understated look.
New pieces to note are:
- Anna – a demure halter neck dress with cut away sleeves and delicate lace trim;
- Maya – an elegant strapless dress with contrast satin and crepe silk bands;
- Geneviève – a fitted scooped neck dress with a soft A-line skirt and cap sleeve;
- Loie – a cowl neck dress with a plunging back and a lovely draped skirt;
- Lilian – a simple V neck dress with cute cap sleeves and bias cut skirt;
- Emillienne – a luxe dress with a choice of art nouveau beaded neck detail in either silver metal or rose gold, crystals or pearls
- Mistinguett – a French corded lace over-dress now available with a choice of cap or long sleeves
- Lily Raindrop – another over-dress in sheer georgette with a choice of raindrop-patterns in either crystals or pearls trickling down the dress.
There are also beautiful separates, which slip on over many of the dresses, transforming them into completely new looks for day and night:
- Evelyn – a French corded lace bodice;
- Evelyn Chiffon – a sheer version in a super sheer delicate chiffon.
- Satin sashes – in a variety of lengths and widths
- Art Nouveau beaded belt - with a choice of crystals or pearls
Prices start from £1400 for the ‘En Pointe’ Collection and are available throughout the UK and internationally. Shorter timescales are possible too.
Exciting news of things to come, is a 'Luxe' collection being launched in Autumn, just before the Christmas festivities. This will be a collection of highly covetable gowns adorned with intricate embellishments, made from the same signature silks, in simple shapes and innovative cut the dresses are famed for. Prices will start from £2500.
Sabina Ali says “I love the romance that comes from vintage Hollywood and the passion that comes from ballet. I love to sprinkle a bit of that magic glamour and sophistication into everything I do,”.
Stockists include: Bridal Path (Hertfordshire), Agape Bridal (Cheshire), Rock the Frock (Essex),The Wedding Club (Birmingham & London), White House (Hampshire) and internationally atThrough The White Door (Perth, Australia), Something Old (Madrid, Spain) and Frilly Frocks(Drogheda, Ireland). Photography by Oliver Prout.